Thursday, May 13, 2010

1 Timothy 1 & 2

It's time for a new book! This time around we chose to do 1 Timothy and we will also be doing 2 chapters a week for this book so be prepared for that. This book is a letter written by Paul and sent to Timothy who was in Ephesus at the time. Timothy was Paul's apprentice and Paul was sending him instruction and encouragement while he was away. This letter contains a lot of instruction that was specific to the church in Ephesus, things that Paul wanted to make sure that Timothy was aware of.

Chapter one has Paul telling Timothy about certain people that he needs to wary of. These people started doing the things that they wanted instead of things that glorify the Lord. Focus on checking your own heart and see if your actions are glorifying to the Lord.

Chapter two is Paul telling Timothy how to conduct worship at the church. Again, understand that some of these instructions (mostly when talking about how women should act), are only written when Paul says things to the church of Ephesus. Pray about this chapter and see what the Lord has for you because it will be different for you.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and what God is showing you, I love all of you and I hope that you have a great week.

- Stephen

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23.5.10

    In 1 Timothy 1:9, Paul says "...that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners..." This is something that has been crazy prominent in my life lately. I've been freaking out because I make SO many mistakes, but I should be using the energy I waste worrying about failing to actually fight to follow God's Word. I'm not perfect, and that's okay. When I don't know what is right and what is wrong, I can look to God and he will show me the way because He is perfect.

    ReplyDelete